This site was created to support educators with effective instruction that aligns with the Common Core State Standards. Because the new content standards require a higher level of rigor than ever before in teachers' daily instructional practice, we’ve assembled resources and services in five key areas that educators are welcome to access:
- Curriculum Alignment
- Assessment and Accountability
- Subject-Area Expertise
- Diverse Learners
- Conditions for Learning
Here are the types of materials you will find – and that we hope you will find helpful:
- Free high-quality, multimedia, research-based resources from nationally recognized content and pedagogy experts
- Tools for planning and delivering high-quality professional development and consultation on the Common Core State Standards
- Opportunities to collaborate with peers to share ideas and interact with content and teaching specialists
- Guidance on using resources at the school, district, and state levels
- Information about professional development, technical assistance, consultation, research, and evaluation services from WestEd
Today's college- and career-readiness standards are raising the bar for students and education systems alike.
WestEd has the experience, skills, knowledge, and research base to help K–12 educators implement standards, and, in turn, help their students succeed in school and career.